So this morning I was requested to make French toast, which is something I hardly ever really make.
Breakfast at our house usually means the kids grabbing a cereal bar. Can I hear an ‘Amen’?
But we had no where to be this morning, so French toast it was.
I found a recipe that I made a few changes to, and we really loved the results.
I sliced a banana and sauteed it in a little butter to put on top.
This recipe is a keeper!
- 6-8 slices Texas Toast
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 C milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Butter or oil
- Maple syrup
- In a cake pan (or other shallow dish), whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and spray with oil or melt a dab of butter between cooking each slice.
- Quickly dip slices (do not soak), one at a time, in egg mixture and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Keep egg mixture stirred and spices well blended.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with fruit or warm maple syrup.
french toast recipe, best french toast, easy breakfast recipe