Let me start off by saying you have to try this recipe. It is simple, easy and will make you think, “Did I just make this?!”
My husband is not much of a fan for baked chicken, but this recipe is a keeper.
And I think to date, this is the only baked chicken recipe he has given two thumbs up for!
I love that it looks fancy, but really is a cinch to put together.
You’ll marinade strips of chicken and place the stuffing ingredients in the center. Then you’ll roll the chicken up, wrap a piece of bacon around and secure with a toothpick.
Place the chicken rolls in a baking dish and pour the remaining marinade over the rolls.
Bake for 20 minutes and that’s it!
I served mine with rosemary roasted red potatoes and sauteed thin beans.
- 1lb chicken breast, cut into strips
- 6 slices of bacon
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 C coconut aminos (in organic section of store - similar to soy sauce)
- 2 Tbl balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbl honey
- 2 Tbl dijon mustard
- 4-6 jumbo dates
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 pkg cream cheese
- few sprigs of rosemary
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients in a large zip-lock bag
- Cut the chicken into 2 inch wide strips, then pound out until they are about 3/4" thick
- Add the chicken to the zip lock bag and let marinade for at least an hour in the fridge
- While chicken is marinading, prepare the stuffing ingredients
- Cut the dates in half length-wise
- Spoon 1 tsp of cream cheese onto each slice of date
- Cut the bell pepper into slices, and sauté in in olive oil until tender
- Cut bacon strips in half
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Once all stuffing ingredients are prepared, take out the chicken and lay flat **KEEP THE MARINADE**
- Place stuffing ingredients in the center of a strip of chicken then roll up and wrap a piece of bacon around the outside of the chicken. Secure with a toothpick at the top
- Place the chicken roll-ups on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Spoon the remainder of your marinade over the wraps.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Turn on the broiler for the last few minutes to get bacon crispy.
- After removing the wraps from the oven, spoon the drippings from the bottom of your pan over each wrap.