These are the best chocolate chip cookies. They’re so good, I’m a little hesitant to share the recipe with you.
I mean, I think I could seriously open a cookie store and make millions. Millions!!
I came across this recipe a couple of years ago, and it’s the only chocolate chip cookie recipe I’ve made since!
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 C sugar
- 3/4 C packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 12oz bag of semi-sweet Ghirardelli chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar until smooth, approximately 3-minutes with stand mixer.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour until the batter is fully incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until well distributed.
- Drop about 2 Tbl of dough per cookie on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until the edges are just starting to brown and the center is still soft.
- Remove from oven and allow the cookies to stay on the cookie sheet for an additional 2 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool for a few more minutes.
- These cookies are the absolute best when they are warm from the oven!
- This recipe can easily be doubled to make a bigger batch.
If you have a kitchen scale, it’s best to weigh the flour.
I usually bake mine for 13-14 minutes, but every oven is different! When you pull them out, they should look very soft in the center and just slightly brown around the edges. They’ll continue to cook for a couple of minutes on the cookie sheet.
Yum yum yum. There’s chocolate in every bite!
If you have a favorite recipe you’d like for me to feature, let me know me through the Contact link in the menu. I’d love to hear from you!